[dns-operations] Typo in fox.com and an Akamai squatter

Mark Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Mon Feb 8 23:58:11 UTC 2016

On 2016-02-01 1:12 PM, Robert Edmonds wrote:
> I checked for .dnsmadeeasy.co. in NSDNAMEs in DNSDB, it looks like this
> kind of typo is fairly common, and now being exploited since January 6,
> when it was registered.
>
> If you're a DNS hoster and concerned about this sort of typosquatting
> please contact me offline (edmonds at fsi.io), I'm going to take a
> systematic look at this problem.

I'm taking a look at this too, I am running a test right now in fact.

What I cannot understand is how the typosquatted nameserver entries are
winding up in active delegations, which is what I'm finding under .co
nameserver squatting on a .com hostname.

- mark

--
Mark Jeftovic, Founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.
Company Website: http://easydns.com