[dns-operations] DNS at FOSDEM 2016

Keith Mitchell keith at smoti.org
Wed Feb 3 15:14:04 UTC 2016

On 02/03/2016 06:41 AM, Phil Regnauld wrote:
> Jim Reid (jim) writes:
>>
>> While it will be great if Linux distros have DNSSEC validation
>> turned on by default, I'm concerned it could go horribly wrong if
>> systemd developers (who might not understand DNSSEC well) roll
>> their own tools and libraries or if they create too many code forks
>> from existing open source stuff. OTOH, maybe they can come up with
>> something better.
>
> I think code diversity is a Good Thing [tm].

I'm not sure the current "linperialism" of systemd nurtures diversity in
the OSS ecosystem, rather it's "go our way or go home". Don't expect to
be able to disable systemd-resolver any more than you can turn init back on.

Seems to me systemd might go about its business better as a framework
existing implementations can plug into modularly than trying to
re-invent every last wheel.

Keith