[dns-operations] Typo in fox.com and an Akamai squatter

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Mon Feb 1 15:29:17 UTC 2016

Once upon a time, David C Lawrence <tale at akamai.com> said:
> Just a quick followup.  We were in touch directly with Fox about this
> yesterday evening, speaking with them both about the nature of the
> problem and what steps they need to take to fix it.  As yet their
> primaries have not published new zones with the correct NS records,
> but they are fully aware and are working on it.

Thanks for the quick attention and response (to all, not just David).

A couple of Akamai-related questions:

- IIRC noc at akamai.com used to be a place to report issues with Akamai
  stuff, but that bounced.  Is there a place to poke Akamai for
  something like this?

- I understand that variable DNS responses makes DNSSEC hard, but that
  would have prevented the site hijacking in this case (the bogus server
  would not have been able to return valid signed responses).  Is Akamai
  working on that?

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>