[dns-operations] DNS resources online?

Mark Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Fri Dec 9 19:03:40 UTC 2016

Folks, I'm finally finishing off the second draft of my O'Reilly book
(thanks to everybody who has helped me out in this - special shout outs
to Peter Van Dijk and Bert Hubert)

I'm filling in the "Online Resources" section and wondering two things:

1) what general online resources are there for the non-expert, non-DNS
ops types to learn about DNS?

The wikipedia page is a great jumping off point for people.

The Zytrax book is also good.

What else?

2) whether it's a good idea or a bad one to include this list in the
resources.

Why the hesitation on #2? Because my books target audience are non-DNS
ops types, non-experts. And this list in my mind is where people who are
knowledgeable ask questions and share info.

My worry is by including it in the resources section (provided the book
actually gets read), may result an in influx of newbie level questions
to this list.

I'm not sure that would go over very well.

Thoughts?

- mark

--
Mark Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.