[dns-operations] I want a pony^H^H^H^H^H^Hto change the TTL (Was: TLD glue sticks around too long

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Dec 6 17:33:02 UTC 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 12:38:58PM -0500,
 Andrew Sullivan <ajs at anvilwalrusden.com> wrote
 a message of 17 lines which said:

> > Also, since the resolver uses the TTL from the zone (which is
> > authoritative), why worrying about the TTL from the parent?
>
> Not every resolver does that, alas.

Then, we should mandate this behaviour, instead of asking for the
ability of the child to set the TTL at the parent. What do you think
of section 2.1 of Internet-Draft draft-vixie-dnsext-resimprove? It
seems OK to me. (Note that section 2.2 addresses the case of ghost
domains.)