[dns-operations] Docker

Phil Regnauld regnauld at nsrc.org
Sun Aug 7 11:36:00 UTC 2016

sthaug at nethelp.no (sthaug) writes:

> Trying to avoid complexity and issues like the ones mentioned above is
> why I run my name servers on bare metal. YMMV.

	You can run Docker in a VM, or on bare metal (most do).

	The *assumption* is that you'll be running containerized services on
	RFC1918 nets and NAT on the host. It's a different approach to doing
	things, but nothing forbids one from doing it their way.

	If you want best of both worlds, and still do process isolation while
	benefiting from "the full stack" and no network shenanigans, you could
	be using FreeBSD jails or Linux' LXD.