[dns-operations] Adding CNAME for the root domain issue

Fred Morris m3047 at m3047.net
Wed Apr 27 20:16:36 UTC 2016

I've been biting my tongue, but ok I give up. Not your fault specifically
Mark...

On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Mark Jeftovic wrote:
> I refer to apex aliasing in the book (almost done) as "the big kahuna of
> protocol violations"

What toxic landscape gives rise to this unwanted denizen? If something
demands a CNAME at the apex, it's hardly a zone at all: how can we do NS
records?

Just CNAME it. There I said it: CNAME it in the parent zone, because it's
not a zone at all.

But that will never happen because rules exist against that sort of thing.

--

Fred Morris