[dns-operations] [ Slightly OT ] Any good Perl whois modules?

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Thu Apr 14 19:58:40 UTC 2016

In article <ba8ff1699fe357322b217622a9802456 at dougbarton.us> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>What are people using nowadays to parse whois in Perl? It's been a long time since I had a project like this,
>and all the things I'm familiar with (Net::Whois, Net::XWhois, and Net::ParseWhois) have all bitrotted to the
>point that they barely work at all. And searching doesn't provide any shiny new alternatives.
>
>I can probably write a parser for XWhois pretty easily, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

I have a 3600 line ad-hoc perl module that parses output from most of
the com/net registrars. all of the thick registries that use the more
or less standard syntax in the ICANN agreements, and a handful of
other ccTLDs that publish something interesting in whois.

It's a bit long to paste in here, but ask and I'll send it to you.

I have an RDAP parser, too, but at the moment it's only looking at RIR address info.

R's,
John