[dns-operations] OARC 24 - Thank you!

Denesh Bhabuta denesh at dns-oarc.net
Mon Apr 4 11:29:33 UTC 2016

Email Contents:
     OARC 24 At a glance
     OARC 24 Feedback - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OARC24
     OARC 24 Archives - Presentation Slides, Presentation Videos
     OARC 25 Workshop - Registration, Accommodation, Sponsors
     DNS-OARC Social Media
     Future meetings - Feedback required

Dear colleagues

OARC 24 took place in Buenos Aires on Thursday 31 March & Friday 1 April, and we would like to thank everyone - participants, speakers, sponsors, volunteers and the OARC crew - who helped make our first Workshop in South America a great success.

=====
OARC 24 - At a Glance

108 attendees checked in
32 remote participants via live webcast
28 First time attendees
51 Organisations represented
Attendees from over 46 cities and towns in 23 countries
28 Speakers
27 Presentations and 1 panel session

Thanks to our sponsors:
Premium: NIC.br, ICANN, Verisign
Benefactor: Comcast
Patron: NTT Communications
Contributor: Silica Networks

We wrote Daily Reports for OARC 24. These are at:

     Day 1 Report: https://medium.com/@dnsoarc/oarc-24-day-1-dca6ea0aa71b#.gd2xm3sv0

     Day 2 Report: https://medium.com/@dnsoarc/oarc-24-day-2-ec811d51f1a3#.d57b7laoa

=====
Your OARC 24 FEEDBACK

We are constantly looking at how we can improve DNS-OARC Workshops and would appreciate your feedback - even if you only attended part of the meeting or watched via webcast. Please fill out the feedback form by 23:45pm ART on Friday 15 April (02:45 UTC on Saturday 16 April) at:

     https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OARC24

=====
OARC 24 ARCHIVES

Our meetings are generally recorded whilst being live webcast, and all slides are uploaded. Most of the slides and recordings are available publicly.

The slides are linked to each of the agenda items at:

     https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/22/timetable/#all.detailed

and also via:

     https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/22/contributions

The workshop was webcast via Google Hangouts on https://plus.google.com/+DnsoarcNetPlus/, and videos of the presentation sessions are available on YouTube as follows:

        • Thursday Session 1- https://youtu.be/lKFctDUFY0U
        • Thursday Session 2 - https://youtu.be/r7G_C0ymCt0
        • Thursday Session 3 - https://youtu.be/jz_RHdQjaZU

        • Friday Session 1- https://youtu.be/moA2KFx5KYA
        • Friday Session 2 - https://youtu.be/DZlHqWx3vI4
        • Friday Session 3 - https://youtu.be/nyRW05ujqx8

=====
OARC 25 WORKSHOP

The next Workshop will take place at the Fairmont Dallas Hotel in Dallas, TX, USA on 15 and 16 October 2015. It will be co-located with NANOG 68.

The Workshop website is at:

     https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/25/

     —————
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATIONS will open on Monday 2 May and will be available until 11.59pm CT on 30 September (two weeks before the meeting). We will make an announcement once registrations go live.

All registrations received after 18 September will be subject to a late registration fee.

     —————
ACCOMMODATION details will be posted soon. As we are colocating with NANOG 68, our hotel accommodation block will be available in NANOG’s delegate room block. For this reason, we would recommend booking sooner rather than later as NANOG rooms get booked up very quickly.

NANOG have not yet released any accommodation information and we are expecting this to arrive on 51 June. The details will be posted as soon as available on the OARC 25 website and we will also email an announcement.

     —————
SPONSORS FOR OARC 25 so far include Verisign (Premium) and Salesforce (Patron)

Please contact sponsor at dns-oarc.net if your organization is interested in becoming a sponsor. Our Sponsor Benefits document is at:

     https://www.dns-oarc.net/files/meeting-sponsor.pdf

=====
FOLLOW US

A reminder that you may follow us at:

Twitter: @dnsoarc
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/grp/home?gid=3193714
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+DnsoarcNetPlus/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtgW_wIPdA_WBmMKX79JT4g/videos

=====
FUTURE DNS-OARC WORKSHOPS

We are currently working on where to hold OARC 26. The survey (at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/OARC24) asks for your input as to where we should hold it - please indicate your preference.

We look forward to seeing you in Dallas on 15 and 16 October for OARC 25

     https://indico.dns-oarc.net/event/25/

     Hashtag: #OARC25

Regards
Denesh