[dns-operations] DEV TLD?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Fri Sep 11 13:19:13 UTC 2015

George Michaelson <ggm at apnic.net> wrote:

> The experience from routing is that bogon/golden lists are a weapon where
> the recoil is every bit as dangerous as the projectile.

True, but we are not trying to list unallocated address space but rather
addresses that are reserved. It's basically RFC 5735 and RFC 5156.

I have actually gone further than that and listed most IPv6 space as
bogons based on http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-address-space/ipv6-address-space.xhtml
(But that page seems slightly wrong to me: RFC 4291 does not reserve all
those address blocks; RFC 3513 says most of them should be "unassigned").
I'm willing to agree that this might not be wise in the long run :-)

Tony.
Viking, North Utsire: Easterly 4 or 5, increasing 6 at times. Slight or
moderate, but rough in southwest Viking. Showers later. Good, occasionally
poor later.