[dns-operations] im. TLD

Daniel Ankers md1clv at md1clv.com
Thu Sep 10 19:08:42 UTC 2015

Hi Mitchell,

On 10 September 2015 at 19:37, Mitchell Kuch <mitch at basejp.com> wrote:

> Shane -
>
> I appreciate everyones effort in supporting IPv6 DNS. Continued
> communication is key and we have seen great strides with
> implementations - in part because of this forum.
>
> I've too have attempted to work with the TLDs to flush out their IPv6
> implementations. It is a bit strange the oddities that one can stumble
> across.
>
> Take the im. TLD as an example.
>
> im. 172800  IN      NS      ns4.ja.net.
> im. 172800  IN      NS      hoppy.iom.com.
> im. 172800  IN      NS      barney.advsys.co.uk.
> im. 172800  IN      NS      pebbles.iom.com.
>
> Only ns4.ja.net. has a AAAA record.

Oops, that should be fairly easy to fix.  I'll raise it to the relevant
people.

and only ns4.ja.net.provides AAAA glue records for im. domains
> While ns4.ja.net. servers IPv6 records for the im. zone and delegates
> (via both IPv4 and IPv6) the other TLD names servers do not.

Thanks for the heads up about that as well.  It might take a little bit
longer to sort that issue out but again I'll get it raised with the right
people and should be able to get it fixed soon-ish.

Best regards,
Dan