[dns-operations] Enabling the IPv6-only Internet: the Final TLDs

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Sat Sep 5 16:33:10 UTC 2015

On 4 Sep 2015, at 22:38, Shane Kerr wrote:

> All of the remaining non-IPv6 TLD are ccTLD. Except for .MIL, of
> course.
> ($600 billion in the 2015 US military budget and we can't sort out a
> freaking IPv6 address.)

If all it took to have an IPv6 name server was an IPv6 address, this
would be true. We all know that's not the case, and that running v6
operations in a reliable manner takes work. Please don't trivialize the
effort it takes to also run a stable v6 host for an operator who still
doesn't see much need for v6. The job is not to convince the remaining
TLDs is a no-brainer, it is to help them with the challenges that have
prevented them from doing this already.

--Paul Hoffman