[dns-operations] Bluecoat report on newer TLDs heavily used for botnet C&C, phishing, and spamming.

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Sep 3 18:58:33 UTC 2015

> On Sep 3, 2015, at 2:27 PM, Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
>

> .pdf download (kind of sensationalistic layout, but still useful info):
>
> <https://www.bluecoat.com/documents/download/895c5d97-b024-409f-b678-d8faa38646ab>

I can certainly confirm our outside experience that .review seems to be all spam/malware
based on ingestion at our corporate mail server.  Some of these gTLDs have zero entries
in them that are not from malware or spammers.  It feels like the early days of the .biz
zone where it was all marketing people looking for a name that would pass filters.

- Jared