[dns-operations] EDNS vs DDOS scrubbing - was Re: Nice to see Amazon Route 53 remove the EDNS(1) filters for *.co.uk.

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Wed May 27 13:55:47 UTC 2015

On 27 May 2015, at 20:39, Roland Dobbins wrote:

> I don't understand the bases behind the assumption that DDoS scrubbing
> services are a factor in EDNS0 failure?

doh, it was pointed out to me that we're talking about EDNS(1), not
EDNS0.  Apologies for my confusion.

I haven't seen any issues with this in terms of DDoS mitigation
services, either.  Any pointers to specific anecdotes, on-list or
off-list, would be helpful, so I can try and track this down and see if
there's some kind of systemic problem.