[dns-operations] EDNS vs DDOS scrubbing - was Re: Nice to see Amazon Route 53 remove the EDNS(1) filters for *.co.uk.

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Wed May 27 13:24:55 UTC 2015

On 5/27/15, 9:09, "Roland Dobbins" <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:

>On 27 May 2015, at 19:00, Mark Andrews wrote:
>
>> Yes, EDNS compliance issues have been traced to scrubbing services and
>> firewalls.
>
>Competent DDoS scrubbing <> EDNS0 problems, FYI.  If that's happening
>with some specific scrubbing service, it's because those particular
>organizations are Doing It Wrong.

I can accept that ... but are so many doing it so wrong that the graphs
are headed in the wrong direction?

(Asking in the sense : what's the right way to reverse the apparent trend?
 I say "apparent" because it might be the measurement that is faulty.  --
Jes'sayin'.  IOW - a starting question: is there really a problem?)