[dns-operations] about resolveip command

Kevin C. kevin at dnsbed.com
Sun May 24 12:47:44 UTC 2015

Hello,

Do you know what's the special usage for resolveip command?
I saw it's not similiar to dig tool. for instance,

~$ dig www.sina.com.cn +short
jupiter.sina.com.cn.
ara.sina.com.cn.
121.14.1.190
58.63.236.248
121.14.1.189

~$ resolveip -s www.sina.com.cn
121.14.1.190

dig returns all three IPs, but resolveip returns only one avaiable.

Thanks.

BTW, this is the default usage,

$ resolveip
resolveip Ver 2.3, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64)
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Get hostname based on IP-address or IP-address based on hostname.

Usage: resolveip [OPTIONS] hostname or IP-address
   -?, --help          Displays this help and exits.
   -I, --info          Synonym for --help.
   -s, --silent        Be more silent.
   -V, --version       Displays version information and exits.

Variables (--variable-name=value)
and boolean options {FALSE|TRUE}  Value (after reading options)
silent                            FALSE