[dns-operations] dnsop-any-notimp violates the DNS standards

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Mar 17 16:24:10 UTC 2015

Edward Lewis <edward.lewis at icann.org> wrote:

> But, I do agree with the handwaving argument to date is insufficient and a
> bit weak.  It is right to challenge the proposal as it stands (as I have
> done too).  While I an inclined to agree to deprecate qtype=ANY as well as
> other elements of the protocol I am also inclined to demand a better
> rationale before accepting a document's proposal.

I think outright deprecation might be going too far, especially if it is
possible to provide a non-answer to ANY queries that still provides good
interoperability.

Tony.
Fair Isle, Faeroes: South veering west or southwest 5 or 6, decreasing 4 at
times. Rough becoming moderate. Showers. Moderate or good, occasionally poor.