[dns-operations] Saga of HBONow DNSSEC Failure

Livingood, Jason Jason_Livingood at cable.comcast.com
Tue Mar 10 18:27:34 UTC 2015

On 3/10/15, 12:55 PM, "Eli Heady" <eli.heady at gmail.com<mailto:eli.heady at gmail.com>> wrote:

On Mar 10, 2015 12:16 PM, "Edward Lewis" <edward.lewis at icann.org<mailto:edward.lewis at icann.org>> wrote:

> Perhaps Comcast could install little squirrel
> feeders in the neighborhood.

That they don't, and have let this problem go unabated for years, illustrates their bias. #nutneutrality

We can only take reasonable, fair, and transparently disclosed steps to prevent squirrels from eating coaxial cable or fiber optic cables. If we put extra layers of protection on cables to block feeding access specifically for squirrels, then of course we’d be blocking the squirrels’ access to the Internet (for nourishment and information). Such chew-blocking may be acceptable if it were on a species-neutral basis, preventing chewing equally by dogs, cats, owls, hawks, squirrels, bears, and others. But I’d probably have to run that past our Legal department. ;-)

JL