[dns-operations] Verifying that a recursor is performing DNSSec validation

frnkblk at iname.com frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jul 17 21:47:22 UTC 2015

Anand,

Thanks, those are some good suggestions.

I don't think this will turn out into DNSViz or Verisign's DNSsec debugger, and it's my intention that this NAGIOS check primarily is to verify that the DNS resolver is configured for DNSsec validation, not to verify that any one zone is healthy or functioning.  As Edward Lewis mentioned in an earlier posting, the ideal situation is to use good and canary zones under ones' own control.  We don't want a NAGIOS check to fail because a zone used for testing isn't working as expected (and the fault is the zone, not the resolver).  For that reason, I will be using several good and canary zones to test for DNSsec validation.

Frank