[dns-operations] Thread summary: knot-dns

Marek Vavruša marek.vavrusa at nic.cz
Mon Jan 5 11:01:02 UTC 2015

Hi list,

I have briefly skimmed through it:
"benchmarks" - we've tried to start the ball rolling with some
standardized way to do authoritative DNS benchmarks on OARC, but there
wasn't much interest [1], on the other hand the benchmark is open and
you can run it yourself. We use it mostly internally to track
regressions and the impact of the code changes.
"compiling answers from zone" - Knot DNS doesn't compile zones (like
NSD3), but simply parses the zone file and creates a HAT-trie to
represent the zone tree.

I know I should have probably left the thread sleep, but AMA if you
need any information related to thread title.

[1] https://lists.dns-oarc.net/pipermail/dns-benchmarking/2012-June/000008.html

Kind Regards,
Marek