[dns-operations] Configurable TC=1?

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Wed Dec 23 21:28:53 UTC 2015

On 12/21/15, 16:58, "dns-operations on behalf of Paul Vixie"
<dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net on behalf of vixie at tisf.net> wrote:

>when planning defense, it's best to think at least one step ahead.

I've been following this thread form afar.  The above sounds good on paper
but trying to be one step ahead implies there is a set of rules of
engagement.  I'd optimize to play to one's strengths.  That's why I've
pinned hopes on figuring out how to better manage the transport layer.

>the right way to incentivize more BCP38 deployment.

Given the fairly unmanageable state of global routing (especially when it
comes to securing it), I won't hold my breath waiting for universal
deployment of BCP 38.  Nice if it happens, but I wouldn't rely on it
happening.