[dns-operations] Storm on the DNS

David C Lawrence tale at akamai.com
Tue Dec 8 17:04:08 UTC 2015

Stephane Bortzmeyer writes:
> http://root-servers.org/news/events-of-20151130.txt
>
> Trying to downplay the problem by pretending that DNSmon is not
> indicative of what happens to normal traffic. (I used dig and other
> programs during the storm and they confirmed that DNSmon was right.)

Do you think using dig is indicative of what happens to normal
traffic?

Surely it is for reaching the roots specifically, but for the typical
end user, do you think this was a significant event?  The collective
yawn of Internet users over it would belie that.

Your message implies that there is inappropriate spin, but the report
seems apt to me.