[dns-operations] Storm on the DNS

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Dec 1 07:59:54 UTC 2015

On 1 Dec 2015, at 14:53, Damian Menscher wrote:

> It's not a great long-term plan, but I always say 90% up is better
> than 100% down.

Partial service recovery is indeed a very important concept - but that
wasn't what the previous commenter was asking about, AFAICT.  His
analogy wasn't a valid one, IMHO.

What we tend to see in terms of partial service recovery is things like
D/RTBH, disablement of various services, and, in extreme cases,
withdrawal of prefixes.  That doesn't really apply to the anycast nature
of the roots.