[dns-operations] A dns-proxy for DNS over HTTP(s)

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Tue Aug 25 11:36:49 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 06:02:41PM +0700,
 Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote
 a message of 25 lines which said:

> to maintain availability of their DNS services in the face of
> attack.

Many high-profile sites host HTTP (and, now, HTTPS) services and have
the experience and the tools to fight dDoS attacks. I would not say
that the situation is perfect, far from it, but we are not in
unchartered waters either. To the contrary, there are more software
and human resources to deal with TCP services than with UDP ones.