[dns-operations] does it matter when nameserver recs have non-matching PTRs ?

Mark Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Mon Aug 3 16:45:52 UTC 2015

On 2015-08-03 11:38 AM, Fred Morris wrote:
> I don't recall that there is any prohibition on multiple PTR records [1], and
> (almost) by definition multiple PTR records will not match each other.
>
> [1] He means reverse lookup, i.e. .in-addr.arpa.

I mentioned this in my last follow-up to Jim (just now) but for the sake
of obtaining real world data, we are going to try this the next time the
situation comes up and see what happens.

- mark

> --
>
> Fred Morris

Mark Jeftovic, Founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.
Company Website: http://easydns.com
Read My Blog:    http://markable.com
+1-416-535-8672 ext 225