[dns-operations] named-checkzone warnings about missing SPF records

Mark E. Jeftovic markjr at easydns.com
Sat Apr 18 19:23:36 UTC 2015

I am under the impression that the SPF RR type has been deprecated
(http://www.zytrax.com/books/dns/ch9/spf.html and RFC 7208)

Yet named-checkzone will still throw a warning if SPF data is present in
a TXT rec but has no accompanying SPF Rtype:

zone antiglam.com/IN: 'antiglam.com' found SPF/TXT record but no SPF/SPF
record found, add matching type SPF record

Will this warning be phased out?

(although I note that we use bind-dlz here, so I also wonder if the
named-checkzone package in that is slightly behind the stock bind one)

- mark

--
Mark E. Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
Founder & CEO, easyDNS Technologies Inc.