[dns-operations] Stunning security discovery: AXFR may leak information

Mike A mikea at mikea.ath.cx
Tue Apr 14 12:59:05 UTC 2015

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 08:29:47AM -0400, Mark Jeftovic wrote:
> Joke all you want. This is worse than heartbleed.

Nobody can protect every DNS operator in the world from Dunning-Kruger effect
and its consequences. Should we have people take an IQ test and put up a sign
saying "You must be *THIS* smart to run a nameserver."? Or pass a test on how
to configure the nameserver of their choice? Somehow I think that isn't in the
cards.

--
Mike Andrews, W5EGO
mikea at mikea.ath.cx