[dns-operations] Hearing first complains about failing internal resolving due to .prod TLD

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Fri Sep 12 02:48:27 UTC 2014

On 9/11/14 7:40 PM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 07:15:03PM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
>> If you want a text list of TLDs that *is* updated in real time, you can use
>> this:
>>
>> https://data.iana.org/TLD/tlds-alpha-by-domain.txt
>
> Yes, but that's what's already in fact delegated, not what is about to
> (so it's the same as just getting the root zone, AFAICT).

Right. I was responding to your comment about
http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings not being
updated in real time. The IANA list is updated at the same time a new
string goes into the root zone. So like the list you mentioned, it
contains the list of delegated strings, but IS actually updated in real
time.

Am I missing something here?

Doug