[dns-operations] Hearing first complains about failing internal resolving due to .prod TLD

Andrew Sullivan ajs at anvilwalrusden.com
Fri Sep 12 02:10:33 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 09:58:59PM -0400, Joshua Smith wrote:
> Probably something I should know. But what's the best way to get notified of new TLDs coming online to help arm the NOC?

Probably the _best_ way is to get copies of the root zone.  There's
also http://newgtlds.icann.org/en/program-status/delegated-strings,
but it explicitly says that it's not being updated in real time.  You
can find out whether something will _eventually_ be delegated by
looking at
https://gtldresult.icann.org/application-result/applicationstatus.  If
you look at "completed PDT", that tells you that they've completed the
pre-delegation testing, so they're going to be delegated at some
point.

Best regards,

Andrew Sullivan
ajs at anvilwalrusden.com