[dns-operations] Hearing first complains about failing internal resolving due to .prod TLD

Francisco Obispo fobispo at uniregistry.link
Thu Sep 11 16:32:19 UTC 2014

Perhaps they need to set the ‘ndots’ option in
resolv.conf to trigger absolute queries if they find more than 1 dot,
so something like:

options ndots 2

would prevent a query to the .prod. TLD.

from ‘man resolv.conf’

              ndots:n
                     sets  a  threshold for the number of dots which must appear in a name given to res_query(3) (see resolver(3)) before an
                     initial absolute query will be made.  The default for n is 1, meaning that if there are any dots in a  name,  the  name
                     will  be tried first as an absolute name before any search list elements are appended to it.  The value for this option
                     is silently capped to 15.

francisco