[dns-operations] subset of gtld-servers.net goes dark after DNS server up for a while

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.us
Mon Sep 8 18:23:47 UTC 2014

On 9/2/14 4:44 PM, Doug Barton wrote:
> Here is an odd one ... customer has some iterative servers that stop
> getting answers from a subset of the gtld-servers.net servers after the
> resolvers have been in operations for a while.

Just wanted to follow up and make it clear that the problem existed
entirely on the customer's side, and we got them sorted. Fairly typical
"Someone who's not with the company anymore did something wacky and
everyone who was still there was afraid to touch it" scenario.

Thanks again to Duane for being willing to step in and help us out.

Doug