[dns-operations] resolvers considered harmful

Rick Jones rick.jones2 at hp.com
Thu Oct 23 16:49:53 UTC 2014

I am not certain that the data would be any easier to pry from the
fingers of their owners than from shared resolver operators, but
couldn't one arrive at a guess for an upper bound on the number of name
resolutions performed by clients by looking at the number of http "hits"
and email messages sent? (I'm assuming those two would be the biggest
sources of DNS lookups, but being from the peanut gallery I could be
wrong on that)

rick jones