[dns-operations] resolvers considered harmful

Frank Sweetser fs at WPI.EDU
Wed Oct 22 17:20:43 UTC 2014

We make pretty heavy use of RPZ to block outbound malware traffic, especially
to prevent people from inadvertently browsing malicious web sites.  I don't
have the data myself, but I do know that our Infosec people saw a drop in
infection rate when we put it in.  I'd hate to lose that mechanism completely.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu    |  For every problem, there is a solution that
Manager of Network Operations   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute |           - HL Mencken