[dns-operations] IETF working group on DNS privacy

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Oct 20 09:27:47 UTC 2014

Yes, I know, it is not really operations. But it may have an influence
on DNS operations so I prefer the operations people to be aware of it:
IETF just created a working group on DNS privacy, named DPRIV :-)

The charter of the working group, if you want to know what this group
is up to, is <http://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/dprive/charter/>

If you want to participate and do not know IETF rules, you should
first read the Tao <http://www.ietf.org/newcomers.html> Otherwise, the
group's official mailing list is
<https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dns-privacy>

Do note that some possible tools for improving DNS privacy are not
discussed in this DPRIVE working group but in other groups. For
instance, QNAME minimisation is currently proposed for adoption by the
DNSOP working group (deadline is today).