[dns-operations] latest bind, EDNS & TCP

Evan Hunt each at isc.org
Sat Oct 11 16:36:09 UTC 2014

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 10:55:37AM +0100, Simon Munton wrote:
> I guess from whatever version starts from bufsize=512, instead of
> bufsize=4096 - I don't follow bind source that closely.

For the record, that change was introduced in 9.10.0.

9.10.1 was published a few weeks ago, and there may have been some people
who were waiting for the .1 release before upgrading, so the supposition
that a BIND release might have been a factor is reasonable.  But I haven't
seen this behavior or heard of it happening elsewhere, which suggests BIND
may be a red herring and this is a plain old network path issue.

Evan Hunt -- each at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.