[dns-operations] Comments welcome : draft-song-dnsop-ipv6only-dns-00

Franck Martin fmartin at linkedin.com
Fri Oct 10 22:09:44 UTC 2014

On Oct 10, 2014, at 2:11 PM, Davey Song <songlinjian at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have recently proposed a draft on the IPv6-only DNS deployment. Here is the abstract of this draft:

<read quickly>

Can we suppress fragments for DNS on IPv6? At least the document should mention more about fragments.

It appeared to me that some software on IPV4 behave in weird ways when a hostname has only an AAAA record (and no A). Instead of discarding the hostname from the possible solutions, it keeps it and fail in odd ways because of “unreachability”. I don’t know if this is true with DNS software, but worth to verify.