[dns-operations] Bind v6 TCP listen?

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Thu Nov 27 15:52:14 UTC 2014

> On Nov 27, 2014, at 9:27 AM, bert hubert <bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 12:37:57PM -0500, Jared Mauch wrote:
>> Is there some specific configuration magic that I’m missing to make bind listen to TCPv6 sockets?
>
> I do realize that in many places DNS and BIND are nearly the same thing, but
> perhaps we should keep this list for generic DNS things?

While the question was about a specific piece of software, it’s one that many likely operate (hence asking on dns-operations).  I could have asked on bind-users or other lists, but I’m subscribed to this one and know many that are smarter than I are here.

As I mentioned yesterday, this seems like a bug and one that others may experience as well.  I’ll troubleshoot and share more information later.  (back to family time here in the US).

- Jared