[dns-operations] ccTLD operators

Jothan Frakes jothan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 27 03:35:01 UTC 2014

Manta-

That should help the ones who would want to respond.  There was a recent
survey regarding the IANA transition -stuff- sent out to ccTLD
administrators - I am asking the people who did the survey if A) it
included info on operations like use of any cast and dnssec for example and
B) if that was present, is it something they would share.

Given sensitivity around sharing such data, I suspect they will say no to
B.  you will likely get individual responses from people on this list where
there is interest in discussing it.

Another option might be to reach out to the chair of the ccNSO and ask to
present this request to their members during tech day at Singapore ICANN 52
in February or work with CENTR, APTLD, or other regionals on this.

Hope that helps,

- Jothan

On Wednesday, November 26, 2014, Matteo Brighi <matteo at noip.co> wrote:

>  Thank you Jonathan,
>
>  I figured since this is operations list, and going thru the archives of
> the list, I would only talk to engineers. I am looking to talk to
> engineering folks that run and operate ccTLDs technically, my questions
> around techniques of resiliency and stability of service.
>

>  On Nov 26, 2014, at 5:23 PM, Jothan Frakes <jothan at gmail.com
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','jothan at gmail.com');>> wrote:
>
>   Matteo can you inject a tad of context to help with this, like a little
> more detail and who you want to reach?  (ie. marketing, legal, financial,
> policy, technical registration, dns resolution, security).  'Operations' is
> a pretty wide spread
>
>  Jothan Frakes
> +1.206-355-0230 tel
> +1.206-201-6881 fax
>
> On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Ken Peng <yhpeng at orange.fr
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','yhpeng at orange.fr');>> wrote:
>
>> There are some people in the list,such as from denic, nic.fr, cnnic etc.
>>

>>  Good evening.​
>>>

>>> I am trying to get in touch with ccTLD operators across the world , to
>>> ask several questions regarding their operations. Can you please contact
>>> me off-list if you are able to help me ?

Jothan Frakes
+1.206-355-0230 tel
+1.206-201-6881 fax