[dns-operations] Bind v6 TCP listen?

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Wed Nov 26 20:48:46 UTC 2014

At Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:37:57 -0500,
Jared Mauch wrote:

> Is there some specific configuration magic that I’m missing to make
> bind listen to TCPv6 sockets?

  [...]

> My configuration is fairly straightforward, including manual
> listen-on segments, e.g.:
>
>         listen-on { 204.42.254.5; };
>         listen-on-v6 { 2001:418:3f4::5; };

  I realize I'm at risk of "teaching my grandmother to suck eggs", but
  reckon you must be dealing with something which is either really
  obscure or hidden in plain sight, so here goes ...

  I'ld expect that to be enough, unless there's a typo in the address.

  I have for some reason

	listen-on-v6 { all; };

  It might be worth checking whether this makes a difference.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly