[dns-operations] Opened Pandora's box of Cache Poisoning

Daisuke Kotani daisuke at kotachi.com
Sat May 3 16:43:06 UTC 2014

Hi Hauke,

One thing that should be noted in the "Additional Page" is that the jp.
name servers directly delegate example.ac.jp to the authoritative
servers of it, and no RR of QNAME "ac.jp."

DNSSEC does not sign NS RRs for delegation (See RFC4035 Sec.2.2),
therefore DNSSEC cannot verify the integrity of delegation.
(I think it is easy to imagine what happens in this situation)

Daisuke Kotani <daisuke at kotachi.com>