[dns-operations] AAAA record for c.root-servers.net

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Sun Mar 30 23:05:54 UTC 2014

In message <DD056A31A84CFC4AB501BD56D1E14BBB0148CF1E at exchange.secure64.com>, "S
tephan Lagerholm" writes:
> Hi DNS-ops,
>
> c.root-servers.net is not reachable over v6 for everybody. There appears
> to be some peering disputes between operators over v6 still.

Peering disputes happen.  Such is life.  Cogent and HE is a long
running dispute.  Using a second transit provider would almost
certainly address this issue.

> Additionally, Leen Besselink told me on another mailing list (unbound)
> that it is advertized as a /48 that might get filtered.

/48 is standard for provider independent assignments.

A is advertised with 2001:503:ba3e::/48
C is advertised with 2001:500:2::/48
D is advertised with 2001:500:2d::/48
F is advertises with 2001:500:2f::/48