[dns-operations] Official WHOIS redirector for TLDs

Leo Vandewoestijne dnsoperations at dns-lab.com
Mon Mar 24 13:46:44 UTC 2014

Hi,

> Is there are offical, documented WHOIS redirector for TLDs with some
> long-term interface stability.  WHOIS.IANA.ORG might do the job, but I
> couldn't find official documentation pointing to it.

The whois binairy on OS-X has a -I, so `whois -I xxx` would return info.

Not exactly official, but the same binairy is using "whois-servers.net",
for anything it doesn't know.
So for some ccTLD's I've requested for an update of missing CNAME entries,
that were listed in whois.iana.org, but not yet working in whois-servers.net.
They now work to, but I'm curious how much they will keep up with the nTLD's.

--

Met vriendelijke groet,
With kind regards,

Leo Vandewoestijne.