[dns-operations] dig 9.8.5-P1 not seeing 'aa' flag set from authoritative nameservers?

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Fri Jul 25 12:13:40 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 1:32 AM, Mark E. Jeftovic <markjr at easydns.com>
wrote:

> Note that there is no 'aa' flag set. I've been checking everybody's
> nameservers, they are all not doing it.

Do you mean name servers authoritative for other DNS zones have/had the
same issue (no AA bit) from the perspective of your client?

Is/was your affected client behind a transparent DNS proxy perhaps?

It wasn't clear from your post since you didn't include the actual answers,
but were the answers and TTLs what you would expect from the authoritative
server?

But all my other dig's on other boxes are working fine

Were the other clients you tested from on the same subnet?

Casey