[dns-operations] OARC server outage

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Fri Jul 18 13:17:05 UTC 2014

Unfortunately one of our (new) servers, ix2.dns-oarc.net, has suffered a
major hardware failure, and is currently out of service. This means that
number of OARC public-facing tools are not currently available:

- DODVR, Porttest, Reply Size Test, DLVtest, Don't Probe

Production services based on our ix1 server, including the public and
member websites, mailing lists, jabber, TLDmon, and our data
storage/analysis facilities remain unaffected.

We're working both to get the faulty hardware repaired, and to interim
migrate the services to another server, this may take a number of days.
We will of course post updates on this, with our apologies for any
inconvenience this causes.

Keith