[dns-operations] different dns servers for different domains.

Edward Peschko horos11 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 01:28:55 UTC 2014

Mark,

Yes, but that assumes you have access to the nameserver. I don't.

In my setup, nameserver #1 has part of the answer, and nameserver #2
has the other part. Hence I want to pick and chose depending on the
context to give the correct answer.

IMO, its pretty silly that resolv.conf makes it so difficult for you
to do this. They make the implicit assumption that you have access to
the machines in question to make such changes.

As it stands, I've hacked a solution around /etc/hosts, which works
but makes me feel a bit queasy.

Ed