[dns-operations] Prevalence of query/response logging?

Ralf Weber Ralf.Weber at nominum.com
Sun Jul 6 21:56:05 UTC 2014

Moin!

On 04 Jul 2014, at 13:00, Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at arbor.net> wrote:
> I know that some DNS operators disable logging of queries/responses due to the overhead of doing so - are most folks on this list with large-scale DNS recursive and/or authoritative DNS infrastructure disabling logging, enabling it, and/or logging queries/responses out-of-band via packet-capture taps, databases, etc.?
Our (Nominum) DNS software had in server query/response storage and processing without much overhead since 2009 and I know that a lot of our customers use it, but of course I can't speak for them. Just wanted to point out that there may be a portion of the internet that may be not on this list, but does logging of DNS data.

So long
-Ralf
---
Ralf Weber