[dns-operations] [dDoS] Good discussion on the Rackspace attack and DNS resiliency

James R Cutler james.cutler at consultant.com
Thu Dec 25 00:58:37 UTC 2014

As to, "Yes, that clearly violates the TTL of the rrset, but wouldn't be
over-all better for the health of the internet?”

Absolutely not!  Save us from decisions based on assumptions rather than fact!

If you really believe that decisions based on ignorance are better, set your MTA to pick a recipient for email whenever the left-hand part is unrecognized.  As some others here would do, I also encourage my competitors to follow your idea.

James R. Cutler
James.cutler at consultant.com
PGP keys at http://pgp.mit.edu