[dns-operations] knot-dns

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Dec 15 19:47:53 UTC 2014

On 16 Dec 2014, at 0:56, David Conrad wrote:

> You appear to be suggesting that the Internet is so broken that taking
> steps to minimize single points of failure in your own infrastructure
> is pointless.

Not at all.  That is a gross mischaracterization and overgeneralization
of what I've said.  As I'm known as an advocate for availability and
resiliency, it's an especially silly mischaracterization and
overgeneralization.

What I'm saying that software diversity has costs, and that all too
often, the costs far outweigh the benefits in many organizations.  And
that even in organizations where it makes sense, it ought to be pretty
low in terms of relative prioritization.