[dns-operations] knot-dns

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Mon Dec 15 11:03:21 UTC 2014

Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> In particular, running different implementations behind a load
> balancer on the same public IP address can break EDNS detection by
> resolvers, and crafted queries sent to a resolver can make data
> unavailable to that resolver (until a timeout occurs).

I would be interested to know what problems of this kind that RIPE have
observed.

$ for i in $(jot 20)
  do dig +noall +answer version.bind ch txt @pri.authdns.ripe.net.
  done | sort | uniq -c
   4 version.bind.              0       CH      TXT     "9.10.1-P1"
   8 version.bind.              0       CH      TXT     "Knot DNS 1.6.0"
   8 version.bind.              0       CH      TXT     "NSD 4.1.0"

Tony.
Fitzroy, Sole: Westerly or northwesterly 5 or 6, occasionally 4 in east. Rough
or very rough, occasionally moderate in east. Rain at times. Good,
occasionally poor.