[dns-operations] knot-dns

Warren Kumari warren at kumari.net
Sat Dec 13 20:27:37 UTC 2014

On Saturday, December 13, 2014, Dnsbed (Jeff) <support at dnsbed.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
> Anyone knows this DNS server?
> https://www.knot-dns.cz/
>

> Their performance seems a lot better than BIND.
> https://www.knot-dns.cz/pages/benchmark.html#tab-response-rate
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> DNSbed Hosting <http://www.dnsbed.com/>

Yup. A number of folk run it, I have it in a test bed, and as secondary for
some zones. Works well...

What's interesting is that there are many sets of benchmarks, and each
organization's seem to show thier server as best... All depends on what,
and how you test...

I don't think the execution is relevant when it was obviously a bad idea in
the first place.
regret at having chosen those particular rabid weasels and that pair of
pants.
   ---maf